- We train leaders - we don't just run training courses.
- Target untrained leaders.
- Plan and implement an effective, year-round leadership training program for the district to provide continuing training opportunities for all leaders, regardless of position.
- Develop procedures for evaluating the quality and effectiveness of the district leadership training program. Report training progress regularly to the council training committee.
- Establish priorities. Develop and carry out a plan to accomplish those priorities.
- Select, recruit, and train an effective team of instructors.
- Plan, promote, conduct, and evaluate all district training events.
- Recognize leaders who complete training requirements.
- See that high standards are set and met by all instructors.
- Maintain adequate district training records.
- Conduct an annual survey of training needs in the district.
- Keep informed of literature, audiovisuals, and equipment aids for the leadership training program.
- Have an approved budget for training events.
- Support and encourage all pack trainers.